Friday, June 29, 2012

The Gospel

I was baptized on May 15, 1996 with my mom. I remember the Elders coming home to visit us every time they could, bringing people from the ward and having family home evening, knocking on the door if we didn't show up to church.. hehe It was a great time, but they finished their mission a month later. Years went by, but I never forgot Elder Stevens and Elder Harvey.. they changed my life, they taught me the most precious thing in this world. I'm so grateful for their example, their testimony, their faith.

Years later (2004 I think) Scott Stevens went back to Brazil to study for a few weeks and it was really nice to see him, we had a lot of fun.. and he found Chris Harvey's email for me, I sent him an email and I was so happy when he replied, he called me a few days later and we talked a lot.

My wedding was in August 2008 and Scott was living in West Virginia at the time and he was able to go, Oh my goodness I was so excited to have him at my wedding. I met his wife and she was really nice.

Cassandra, Scott, Andrew and me
Today I was checking my email and saw a message from Chris saying that he was in Utah and wanted to see me, so he came with his family to my house, I was so excited that I didn't even know what to say when I saw him.. It has been 16 years since the last time I saw him. We talked a lot, I got to meet his wife and their beautiful daughter, they're a wonderful family.

Daphne, Me, Chris, Elle and Nanette

I love this gospel, I have learned so much, it has helped me through every decision in my life, I have an eternal family, I have a testimony, I'm so blessed!!! Everything because two wonderful people decided to serve a mission and be an example of faith.

Thanks so much!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Que ótimo Kátia. Tenho esse mesmo sentimento de gratidão pelos missionários que me ensinaram. Muito legal você poder encontrar com eles anos depois.
    Daphne ta enorme e linda como sempre!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete