Length: 20 1/2 in
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
That means that he lost a lot weight since he was born (He was 9 lbs 4 oz). I almost cried in front of the doctor, because I knew something was wrong. I found out that I don't have enough milk to feed him and I have to start supplementing him with formula. The same thing happened with Calvin, but he never lost that much weight. It sucks to know that your body is not enough to provide for your baby, but I'm glad we are able to help him grow healthy and strong.
| 2 weeks old |
Don't give up! Just make sure you are feeding him every 3 hrs (even at night!) and pump inbetween feeds and give him the bottle. That's what I did at first when Noah was losing weight, and it was a PAIN but I got enough milk in no-time! Your body just needs to catch up a little :) If you give formula, theres a good chance you will lose more of your milk bc your body thinks he doesn't need as much since he won't be taking in as many ounces.. It was hard but it only took about a week of the nursing and pumping every 3 hrs!! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cindy! I will try that and I hope it is going to work for me too.
Delete